Banana bread waffles
- 160 g sunflower bread blend
- 160 g Waldcorn bread blend
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp S&P Sweet 'n' Spice
- 250 ml milk
- 3 overripe bananas mashed (approx. 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 35 g currants
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients except for the currants with a whisk. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mix. Stir until just combined. Add the currants and stir to combine.
- Heat waffle maker as per manufacturer’s instructions and cook ¼ cup of batter at a time. This depends entirely on the size of waffle maker.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and yoghurt, banana slices or berries for a delicious breakfast.
Makes 5 waffles (this depends on waffle maker) Suitable to freeze for up to 2 months Defrost 2 hours
- TIP: If freezing, wrap individually in cling-film and place in sealed bag in freezer. Defrost as required and heat in toaster.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share On Social Media
Best Thermomix Recipe
Best Thermomix RecipeRead More
Burger Buns Recipe
Burger Buns RecipeRead More
Cheesy Corn Bagels
Cheesy Corn BagelsRead More
Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
Easy as Cheese Corn FocacciaRead More
Mini Crustless Quiches
Mini Crustless QuichesRead More
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum Dip
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum DipRead More
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites Recipe
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites RecipeRead More
Egg & Cheese Wreath Recipe
Egg & Cheese Wreath RecipeRead More