Banana bread waffles
- 160 g sunflower bread blend
- 160 g Waldcorn bread blend
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp S&P Sweet 'n' Spice
- 250 ml milk
- 3 overripe bananas mashed (approx. 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 35 g currants
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients except for the currants with a whisk. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mix. Stir until just combined. Add the currants and stir to combine.
- Heat waffle maker as per manufacturer’s instructions and cook ¼ cup of batter at a time. This depends entirely on the size of waffle maker.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and yoghurt, banana slices or berries for a delicious breakfast.
Makes 5 waffles (this depends on waffle maker) Suitable to freeze for up to 2 months Defrost 2 hours
- TIP: If freezing, wrap individually in cling-film and place in sealed bag in freezer. Defrost as required and heat in toaster.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!