Blueberry Banana Bread
- 90 g Rustic bread blend
- 230 g Strong white bread flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 140 g light brown sugar
- 3 overripe bananas mashed (approx. 2 cups)
- 125 ml milk
- 2 large eggs lightly whisked
- 150 g unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 g blueberries
- Sliced almonds & cinnamon sugar optional
- Lemon curd or butter to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 20 x 10cm loaf tin or 12x mini loaf tins. Set aside.
- Place the bread blend, flour, baking powder and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes to combine. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the banana, milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Add the blueberries to the flour mix and toss. Add the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into prepared loaf tin or tins and smooth the top. Sprinkle with almonds and cinnamon sugar if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes for large loaf or 15-20 minutes for mini loaves. Check they are cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre, it should come out clean.
- Leave cooked loaf or loaves to rest in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut large loaf into slices to serve, toast if desired. Delicious for breakfast or morning tea with lemon curd, extra berries and a dollop of vanilla yoghurt.
Makes 1 large loaf or 12 mini loaves Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months Defrost overnight
- NOTE: Wrap loaves individually before freezing and if freezing the loaf, slice and wrap individually
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!