- Pour the water and olive oil into the bread machine pan. Add the yeast. Sprinkle on the flour, flour improver and salt.
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting. Press start.
- Lightly oil two baking sheets. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- When the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough from the machine onto a lightly floured surface and gently knock back. Roll it out to a 23 x 20cm rectangle.
- Cut into three 20cm long strips. Cut each strip widthways into 10. Roll and stretch each piece to 20-30cm.
- Space well apart on the baking sheets. Brush with olive oil, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds, coarse salt, or freshly ground black pepper if liked. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- TIP: if you are using sea salt, don’t use too much as it can overpower the taste. Serve with your favourite soup.
- If you like, you can refresh them in a hot oven for a few minutes just before serving.
Suitable to freeze Defrost 2 hours.
- VARIATION: Why not try substituting the strong white bread flour for Windmills tomato bread blend.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!