- 200 ml water
- 45 ml olive oil plus extra for brushing
- 360 g Strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 7.5 ml S&P dried yeast
- 10 g S&P flour improver
- poppy seeds coarse seat salt, freshly ground black pepper for coating (optional)
- Pour the water and olive oil into the bread machine pan. Add the yeast. Sprinkle on the flour, flour improver and salt.
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting. Press start.
- Lightly oil two baking sheets. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- When the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough from the machine onto a lightly floured surface and gently knock back. Roll it out to a 23 x 20cm rectangle.
- Cut into three 20cm long strips. Cut each strip widthways into 10. Roll and stretch each piece to 20-30cm.
- Space well apart on the baking sheets. Brush with olive oil, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds, coarse salt, or freshly ground black pepper if liked. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- TIP: if you are using sea salt, don’t use too much as it can overpower the taste. Serve with your favourite soup.
- If you like, you can refresh them in a hot oven for a few minutes just before serving.
Suitable to freeze Defrost 2 hours.
- VARIATION: Why not try substituting the strong white bread flour for Windmills tomato bread blend.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share On Social Media
Best Thermomix Recipe
Best Thermomix RecipeRead More
Burger Buns Recipe
Burger Buns RecipeRead More
Cheesy Corn Bagels
Cheesy Corn BagelsRead More
Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
Easy as Cheese Corn FocacciaRead More
Mini Crustless Quiches
Mini Crustless QuichesRead More
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum Dip
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum DipRead More
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites Recipe
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites RecipeRead More
Egg & Cheese Wreath Recipe
Egg & Cheese Wreath RecipeRead More