Cheesy herb bombs
- Place the warm water, butter, sugar and yeast in the bowl of kenwood mixer. Whisk to dissolve sugar, cover with cling-film and leave to sit for 3 minutes until yeast is frothy.
- Add flour, flour improver, milk powder and salt to yeast mixture. Using dough hook, knead for 8-10 minutes until soft and elastic. Place the dough in an oiled mixing bowl. Cover with cling-film and leave to prove in a warm place for up to an hour or doubled in size.
- Grease and line a large baking tray. Tip dough out onto a lightly floured bench and divide into 32 even pieces. Push a piece of cheese into the centre of a piece of dough with a pinch of bread flavouring. Enclose completely and put seam side down on a baking tray. Cover loosely with a tea towel and leave to rise for a further hour. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bake bombs in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Mix together remaining bread flavouring and melted butter. As soon as bombs are ready, remove from oven and brush with butter mixture. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
- Alternatively they can be frozen. Defrost, wrap in a tea towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
Suitable to freeze for up to 1 month Defrost 2 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!