Cheesymite pull-apart scrolls
- 250 ml warm water
- 35 g unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp S&P dried yeast
- 15 g light brown sugar
- 370 g Strong white bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 g S&P flour improver
- 1½ tbsp Creamy milk powder
- 1-2 tbsp Marmite
- 100 g grated tasty cheese
- Place the warm water, butter, yeast and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer which is fitted with a dough hook. Whisk together by hand until well combined, cover with cling film and leave to set for 3-5 minutes or until yeast is frothy.
- Add the flour, salt, improver and milk powder and using a dough hook knead the bread for 10 minutes or until soft and elastic. Cover again with cling-film and leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place or until doubled in size. Grease and line with baking paper a rectangle baking tray or tin.
- Tip dough out onto a well-floured bench and punch down and knead for 1-2 minutes. Roll out into a large 40 x 25cm rectangle. Carefully spread the Marmite over the dough leaving a 3-4cm border along one long edge. Sprinkle with 80g of the grated cheese. Brush edge (which has no marmite on it), with milk and roll up to form a sausage about 50cm long. Cut into 12 even slices and place cut-side down on prepared tray or in tin. Cover with cling-film and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Brush with a little milk, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake scrolls in preheated oven for 13-15minutes or until golden and cooked through. Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months Defrost for 2-3 hours
- TIP: Use Vegemite or Bovril instead of Marmite. Great for lunch boxes - if wrapped individually before freezing and placed frozen in the lunchbox, they will be thawed by lunchtime.
- If making for a snack tray, make smaller scrolls by rolling out 2 rectangles, rolling up tighter and cutting smaller slices and cook for 12 minutes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share On Social Media
Best Thermomix Recipe
Best Thermomix RecipeRead More
Burger Buns Recipe
Burger Buns RecipeRead More
Cheesy Corn Bagels
Cheesy Corn BagelsRead More
Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
Easy as Cheese Corn FocacciaRead More
Mini Crustless Quiches
Mini Crustless QuichesRead More
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum Dip
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum DipRead More
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites Recipe
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites RecipeRead More
Egg & Cheese Wreath Recipe
Egg & Cheese Wreath RecipeRead More