Chinese hot dog buns
- 160 ml thick cream
- 250 ml warm water
- 40 g butter melted
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 80 g caster sugar
- 600 g strong white bread flour
- 1 tbsp S&P dried yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp creamy milk powder
- 2 tsp S&P flour improver
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 frankfurters
- 2 tsp Chese bread flavouring
- 1 tsp egg whisked with 1 tsp water extra
- 2 tsp caster sugar dissolved in 2 tsp boiling water
- In the bowl of a mixer, add the thick cream, water, butter, egg, sugar, flour, yeast, milk powder, flour improver and salt (in that order). Using the dough hook attachment, turn on the mixer to “stir.” Let it go for 15 minutes, occasionally stopping the mixer to push the dough together.
- After 15 minutes, the dough is ready for proving. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and place in a warm spot for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Drain the frankfurters (if using tinned ones) and pat dry. Place on a flat plate and sprinkle over the bread flavouring.
- After the hour of proving, put the dough back in the mixer and stir for another 5 minutes to get rid of air bubbles. Dump the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and roll it into an approx 25cm long rope. Roll the rope around a frankfurter, tucking in the ends. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, allowing 5cm between them. Repeat until you have 12 hot dogs.
- Cover with cling-film and set aside in a warm place for 30minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush with the egg whisked with water and if desired sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and immediately brush the buns with sugar water. Serve warm.
Suitable to freeze for up to 1 month Defrost for 2-3 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share On Social Media
Best Thermomix Recipe
Best Thermomix RecipeRead More
Burger Buns Recipe
Burger Buns RecipeRead More
Cheesy Corn Bagels
Cheesy Corn BagelsRead More
Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
Easy as Cheese Corn FocacciaRead More
Mini Crustless Quiches
Mini Crustless QuichesRead More
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum Dip
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum DipRead More
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites Recipe
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites RecipeRead More
Egg & Cheese Wreath Recipe
Egg & Cheese Wreath RecipeRead More