Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
- 150 g S&P rustic corn bread creation
- 450 g strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp S&P flour booster
- 3 1/2 tsp S&P even rise dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 300 ml warm water
- 75 g grated mozzarella or similar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp S&P Cheese & Herb flavouring
- Sea salt flakes
- Place all dry ingredients in the bowl of mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stir together to combine. Combine oil and water in a small jug and then pour into dry ingredients. Knead for 6 minutes or until elastic. Alternatively in a Thermomix, using dough setting knead for 4 minutes.
- Tip into a large oiled bowl and over with cling-film. Set aside in a warm place for 40-60 minutes or until doubled in size. Meanwhile grease and line a 25 x 30cm Swiss roll tin or a baking tray. Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Place dough on a well-floured bench and knead for 1 minute. Roll out into a large rectangle, twice the size of your tin. Brush one half of the dough with some of the olive oil. Sprinkle over the cheese & herb flavouring, followed by the mozzarella (other grated cheese can be used if preferred). Carefully fold the other half over the cheese half and gently press down.
- Slide the folded dough into the prepared tin or tray. Brush with remaining oil and cover with cling-film. Set aside in a warm place for up to an hour or until doubled in size or risen to your liking. Sprinkle over sea salt flakes and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and sounds hollow when tapped. If desired brush with melted butter and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes on tray before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Delicious served as a side with a salad or with a hearty vegetable soup.
Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months Defrost 3-4 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!