Easy cheesy pretzel bites
- 375 ml warm water
- 3 tsp S&P Dried yeast
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 600 g Strong white bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp S&P Cheese & Herb flavouring
- 3 litres water for boiling the puffs
- 1/2 cup bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg whisked with a drop of cold water
- Coarse sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of Kenwood or thermomix whisk together the warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 3-5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the flour, salt and bread flavouring and knead for 3-5 minutes until soft and elastic, but not sticky.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 6 pieces. Roll each portion into an inch thick rope and then using scissors snip into 1 inch pieces or your desired size.
- While preparing the pretzels, bring the water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the baking soda. Once water is boiling carefully drop 8 pieces of dough into the water for about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place pretzel bites onto baking sheet. When all pretzels have been boiled, brush dough lightly with the egg wash and sprinkle salt on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven. Shake the pan and then switch the oven to fan grill 200°C and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden. Remove pretzel bites to a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately with our Warm cheesy dip from Recipe leaflet # 19 or our Smoked ham & cheese log from Recipe leaflet #14 or our Sundried tomato cheese ball from Recipe Leaflet #10.
- These are a super easy starter that take less than 60 minutes from start to finish. They keep for up to 5 days in a sealed bag or container. Simply refresh for 5 minutes in a 180°C oven before serving.
Suitable to freeze for up to 1 month Defrost 1 hour
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share On Social Media
Best Thermomix Recipe
Best Thermomix RecipeRead More
Burger Buns Recipe
Burger Buns RecipeRead More
Cheesy Corn Bagels
Cheesy Corn BagelsRead More
Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
Easy as Cheese Corn FocacciaRead More
Mini Crustless Quiches
Mini Crustless QuichesRead More
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum Dip
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum DipRead More
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites Recipe
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites RecipeRead More
Egg & Cheese Wreath Recipe
Egg & Cheese Wreath RecipeRead More