Egg and cheese wreath
For the dough:
For the filling:
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp tomato chutney
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 250 g bacon chopped
- 100 g grated cheese
- Place the warm water, oil and yeast in a bowl of kenwood mixer. Whisk to combine, cover with cling-film and leave to sit for 3 minutes until yeast is frothy.
- Add flour, flour improver, milk powder, sugar, bread flavouring and salt to yeast mixture. Using dough hook, knead for 8-10 minutes until soft and elastic. Place the dough in an oiled mixing bowl. Cover with cling-film and leave to prove in a warm place for up to an hour or doubled in size.
- Grease and line a round pizza tray or baking sheet, set aside. While dough is rising, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon in a non-stick frying pan until just cooked, add eggs and cook, turning often until egg has just set. Leave to cool.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes. Roll out into a long strip - approx. 15cm wide by 60cm.
- Mix together the tomato paste and chutney and spread over two thirds of the length of your dough. Sprinkle the cheese over the tomato paste followed by the egg mix, spreading out evenly along the dough. Brush the uncovered edge of the dough with a little water. Carefully roll up the dough into a long sausage with the seam underneath. Transfer to prepared tray shaping into a wreath and secure the ends with a little more water. Cover loosely with a tea towel and leave to rise for another half an hour or until puffed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush wreath with the egg glaze and bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy warm with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and breakfast sausages.
Suitable to freeze for up to 1 month Defrost overnight in fridge NOTE: To freeze, cool completely and wrap well in cling-film. After defrosting, place on lined baking tray and cover tightly with aluminium foil. Reheat in 180°C oven for 45-60 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!