Mini pumpkin, bacon and feta muffins
Great muffins a perfect savory bite
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 250 g butternut pumpkin peeled, seeded, coarsely grated
- 55 g bacon chopped
- 275 g S&P Bread Creations Rustic Tomato
- 100 g Self-raising flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g finely grated parmesan
- 120 g feta cut into 5mm dice
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 310 ml buttermilk
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease 40 x mini muffin tins or 2 x 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin tins.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add pumpkin and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together the bread blend, flour and salt. Stir in parmesan and feta. Whisk together egg, buttermilk and remaining oil until combined, then season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Pour buttermilk mixture over dry mix. Add pumpkin mixture and, using a large metal spoon, stir briefly until just combined.
- Spoon mixture among prepared muffin tins, scatter pepitas over tops of muffins. Bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes for mini muffins or 20-25 minutes for standard size muffins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in tins for 5 minutes then turn on to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Makes 40 mini muffins or 16 standard size muffins Suitable to freeze for up to 2 months Defrost 3-4 hours
- NOTE: Delicious as a side to a roast meal or also delicious as a snack or lunchbox filler.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!