Pull-apart Cranberry Wreath
- Place the water, sugar, oil and yeast in bowl of Kenwood or thermomix. Mix for 1 minute to combine, cover and leave for up to 5 minutes until it is frothy.
- Add flour, bread blend, flour improver, milk powder and salt and knead for 8 minutes or Kenwood or 3 minutes in thermomix until soft and elastic. Place in an oiled mixing bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rest for 30-45 minutes in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Grease and line a large pizza tray or baking tray. Remove the wrap from the cheese, return to box and cover with lid, place in centre of prepared tray.
- Lightly flour a work surface and tip out risen dough. Flatten slightly and add cranberries and dried rosemary. Knead for 2-3 minutes or until cranberries are evenly through dough. Divide into 12 equal portions and roll into bread rolls. Place evenly spaced around cheese on prepared tray leaving a small space around the cheese. Cover loosely with a tea towel and leave to rise for an additional 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush bread rolls with whisked egg yolk and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the camembert, cut off the top rind and enjoy with the freshly baked rolls for the ultimate pre-dinner snack.
NOTE: For freezing, use a cheese dish or similar shape to a bought packaged camembert when shaping, rising and baking. Then when time to serve, simply bake the camembert in the oven, warm the rolls and place on serving platter. Bread suitable to freeze for up to 2 months Defrost 6-7 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!