Sticky banana maple buns
- 3 bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 430 g Strong white bread flour
- 100 g Sunflower bread blend
- 3 tsp S&P dried yeast
- 1 tsp S&P flour improver plus
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp S&P Sweet 'n' Spice
- 100 g raisins
- Place mashed banana in a measuring jug with a 500ml capacity and add warm water to make total amount of liquid 250ml. Add butter and heat in microwave until butter is melted and mixture is lukewarm. Sprinkle over yeast, whisk in and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- In bowl of kenwood mixer or thermomix mix together all the remaining dry ingredients. Pour in the liquid and egg and knead for 5-10 minutes using a dough hook or dough setting until dough is soft and elastic.
- Oil a large mixing bowl and tip dough into it, cover with cling-film and leave to rise for 1 hour or more until dough has doubled in size.
- While dough is rising make the filling by whisking together the maple syrup and speculaas spice until well combined, set aside. Grease and line the base of a 25 x 35 baking tin or similar, set aside.
- Tip dough out onto a well-floured surface and roll out into a large rectangle. Brush the maple syrup mix evenly over and sprinkle with the raisins. Roll up beginning from the long side. Pinch edge of dough into a roll to seal. Cut into 12 even slices and place on baking tray.
- Cover and allow to rise for another 45-60 minutes or until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake buns in preheated oven for 20-30minutes or until cooked, cover with aluminium foil if colouring too much.
- Serve warm. Delicious served for breakfast or brunch or wrap individually and send to school in your children’s lunch box.
Suitable to freeze for up to 1 month Defrost 4-5 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!