Toffee nut crunch
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 55 g caster sugar
- 35 g golden syrup
- 2 tsp S&P Sweet"n"spice
- 1 cup mixed raw unsalted nuts
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a slice tin or small roasting dish with baking paper, set aside.
- Melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and speculaas spice in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Stir continuously for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is very smooth. Don’t let it boil.
- Add the nuts and salt and stir briskly to combine. Pour nut mixture into the prepared dish, spread out into an even layer and bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until nuts are golden brown, but not burnt. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely - it should go nice and crunchy. If it’s still a bit chewy, you can cook the nuts for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Serves 6 as a starter or snack Keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!