Tropical honey crunch granola
- 300 g traditional rolled oats
- 65 g shaved coconut or desiccated coconut
- 70 g raw macadamias roughly chopped
- 30 g puffed quinoa or 1 cup puffed wheat
- 40 g raw pecans roughly chopped
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp S&P Sweet 'n' Spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 ml coconut oil
- 80 ml honey
- 1/2 cup overripe bananas approx. 1 ½ bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 180 g bermuda fruit mix roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray or dish with baking paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the oats, coconut, nuts, quinoa, seeds, speculaas spice and salt. Mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl melt the coconut oil and then whisk in honey, banana and vanilla essence. Pour the wet ingredients into the oat mix and stir until thoroughly combined and all of the dry ingredients look wet. Tip out into prepared baking tray and smooth out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir and bake for an additional 10 minutes, stir again and then bake for a final 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Stir through the chopped up Bermuda mix and leave to cool completely or enjoy warm with milk.
Makes approx. 5-6 cups, 10-12 servings Unsuitable to freeze Keeps for up to 2 weeks in airtight container
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!