- Remove the pan from the bread machine (usually by giving it a twist). Pour in the water.
- Sprinkle on the flour making sure that it covers the water. Add the salt, sugar, butter, flour improver and milk powder in separate corners of the bread pan. Make a small indent in the centre of the flour, but not down as far as the liquid, and add the yeast.
- Place the pan back in the bread machine and set to the dough setting and press start. When the machine cycle has finished, remove the dough from the machine. Place on a lightly floured surface, knock back gently.
- Shape into rolls; cut off 60g pieces of dough. Shape the pieces by kneading into a ball, with a smooth top. Then flatten them with the palm of your hand, making them into a disc. Place rolls well apart onto a large baking sheet – 3 rolls of 3 per baking sheet is a guide. Once you have finished shaping the dough, cover loosely with cling-film and leave to rise for 45 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg with a fork, mix in the milk. Once the rolls are risen brush them all over with the egg mixture and spread with the sesame seeds.
- Put into a cold oven. Switch the oven on to 160C and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and put rolls onto a wire rack immediately, to cool.
- Slice in half and enjoy with a barbequed burger!
Suitable to freeze Defrost 2 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!