- 375 g Strong white bread flour
- 50 g S&P currant bread powder
- 20 g S&P flour improver
- 1 tsp salt
- 25 g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp S&P dried yeast
- 250 ml lukewarm milk
- 25 g butter
- 250 g raisins
- Water for spraying
- Grease and line a large baking sheet.
- Mix the lukewarm milk with the yeast and leave to prove for 15 minutes until starting to froth slightly.
- Using the k-beater in mixer, mix the flour, currant bread powder, flour improver, salt and sugar. Change k-beater to dough hook and mix in the butter, egg and yeast/milk mixture. Once combined, knead for 10 minutes. Add raisins and knead for another minute, until well combined.
- Cover mixer bowl with cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size (approx. half an hour).
- Once risen, divide mixture into 16 portions (roughly 65g each). Shape each one into a flat roll and place on prepared baking tin, fairly close together but not touching – 4 rows of 4.
- Preheat oven to 200◦C. Cover rolls with cling film and place a plastic tray on top. (This will ensure you get flat rolls, as they will rise out to the side towards each other). Leave in a warm place to rise, until rolls are plump and joining each other (this may take 30-40 minutes).
- Remove tray and cling film and spray the risen rolls with water. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Open the oven door and spray the rolls regularly during the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and re-spray with water. Leave for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- TIP: kids love ‘krentenbollen’ and they are a great cupboard stand-by to have for hungry moments. Also excellent to use for a change in lunch boxes for school.
Serves 16 Suitable to freeze Defrost 1 hour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share On Social Media
Best Thermomix Recipe
Best Thermomix RecipeRead More
Burger Buns Recipe
Burger Buns RecipeRead More
Cheesy Corn Bagels
Cheesy Corn BagelsRead More
Easy as Cheese Corn Focaccia
Easy as Cheese Corn FocacciaRead More
Mini Crustless Quiches
Mini Crustless QuichesRead More
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum Dip
Tear & Share Tuscans Bread Wreath With Roasted Capsicum DipRead More
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites Recipe
Easy Cheesy Pretzel Bites RecipeRead More
Egg & Cheese Wreath Recipe
Egg & Cheese Wreath RecipeRead More