High-rise Yorkshire puddings
- 6 eggs
- 240 ml boiling water
- 480 ml milk
- 350 g strong bread flour and pinch salt
- 2 tbsp S&P flour improver
- Lard / oil for preparing tins
- Pre heat oven to 200°C/190°C fan
- Blend milk and eggs together. Add boiling water first, followed by the plain flour, flour improver and salt.
- Melt fat in the tins for approx 10 minutes, then pour batter into the hot fat and cook for approx 20 minutes.
- Variation: Add 40g Windmills bread flavouring (eg wasibi) for a flavoured Yorkshire. Or use half Windmills tomato bread blend, and half Windmills strong bread flour
Makes approx 3 – 4 yorkshire pudding trays Suitable to freeze defrost for 1 hour
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!