- 320 ml water
- 30 ml olive oil
- 450 g Windmills strong white bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Windmills dried yeast
- 1 tsp Windmills flour improver
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
For the topping:
- 90 ml sun-dried tomato paste
- 300 g mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper halved, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 115 g prosciutto torn into pieces
- 50 g grated cheddar
- fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the water and olive oil into the bread machine pan. Add the yeast and sugar.
- Sprinkle on the flour, flour improver and salt.
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting. Press start.
- Lightly oil two baking sheets or pizza pans. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- When the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough from the machine onto a lightly floured surface and gently knock back. Divide the dough into two equal pieces.
- Roll out the pizza dough into two 30cm rounds. Place in the prepared pans or on the baking sheets.
- TIP: You can freeze the pizza bases at this stage. Once they are frozen put them into polythene bags. A very handy stand-by for a last minute tea.
- Spread the sun-dried tomato paste over the pizza bases and arrange two-thirds of the mozzarella slices on top. Sprinkle with the pepper strips, prosciutto, whole basil leaves and remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle with the grated cheddar. Season with salt and pepper. Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and sizzling. Serve immediately.
- TIP: Pizza toppings are normally placed upon a pizza in a specific order, not because it is tidy but because the pizza sauce keeps the pizza dough moist, the cheese then provides a bed for the toppings to rest on and they do not dry out or fall off as the pizza slice is held. More cheese is added to keep the dough moist. The following list is the traditional order:
- • Pizza Dough
- • Pizza Sauce
- • Cheese
- • Pizza Toppings
- • Cheese
- Why not try your own toppings? Tuna, red onion, sliced black peppers. Pepperoni & peppers. BBQ chicken & yellow peppers.
Suitable to freeze Defrost 2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!