Warm cheesy dip
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 200 g shortcut bacon rashers diced
- 1 tbsp S&P Cheese & Herb flavouring
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 250 g block cream cheese softened
- 160 ml cream
- 125 g sour cream
- 135 g grated cheddar or tasty cheese
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon is browned and onion has softened. Remove from heat.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon of the chives for garnish. Add remaining chives and bread flavouring to bacon mixture. In small microwave-proof bowl or jug combine cream cheese, cream, sour cream and grated cheese. Add onion mixture and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute intervals on high until cheese is melted together. Serve warm with the cheese twists or selection of fresh vegetables.
Serves 12 Unsuitable to freeze
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!